EEG Neurofeedback is a form of Biofeedback that helps to retrain the brain and is used for numerous reasons but this season I would like to share 7 really good reasons! You may ask why it is important to ‘train’ your brain and what does that mean anyway? So, let’s spend a minute and talk about ‘cortical activity’.
When an individual has an issue or a symptom their brain shows as an ’irregular, or turbulent’ brain. The NeurOptimal system helps mirror this activity into visual and auditory feedback and helps the individual create a balance or homeostasis in cortical activity. When the turbulence is reduced the brain chemistry actually changes allowing the individual to have a comfortable and ‘trained brain’!
- The Holidays are stressful! NeurOptimal® is great at re-normalizing the cortical activity in the brain so although there is still stress your body and brain no longer responds to that stress in the same way.
- Many people experience a sadness or even slight depression during the Holidays! Again with NeurOptimal® the reduction in turbulence allows the brain to create a balance which makes that nasty depression just subside!
- This Holidays represent the end of a year and people are tired! Many people have sleep concerns and therefore, can’t fall asleep easily, can’t stay asleep or wake feeling exhausted. NeurOptimal® helps to re-regulate sleep cycles and allows you to sleep as you did when you were young!
- Anxiety can hit individuals anytime of year but most people during the Holidays will have an increase in anxiety. Some people have true ‘anxiety attacks’ while others have symptoms such as; tics, repetitive movement (hair twisting), perseveration (not being able to get an idea out of your head), or even obsessive compulsive tendencies. As NeurOptimal® ‘normalizes’ the CNS the uneasy feelings of of anxiety start to diminish.
- 5. Chronic Pain happens in many forms however, during time of stress, cold weather or inflammation due to sugar or diet, we find the pain gets stronger and people are less likely to live comfortably. The NeurOptimal® system allows the individual to calm their brain and thereby, reduces the signal from the nerves or muscles that they hurt.
- Our brains are meant to be able to go from one subject to the next fluently and move on from one method of operation to another, this creates ‘Flexibility & Resilience’. It is important that we do not have to go through the ‘drive-through’ every time we get a Starbucks, but that we can look and make a decision that that line is too long and we could get our drink faster if we walked in today. NeurOptimal® trains the brain to move in and out of different cortical activity easily allowing us to mentally change the station when needed.
- So you say “no way, the Holidays do nothing like this to me!” So let’s look at Peak Performance and keeping up with your personal best! How sharp are you these days? This system encourages a balance and it may play out in your golf game, your production at work, your ability to focus and attend better or your quick-wittiness!
7 Simple reasons to use the NeurOptimal® system during the holiday’s; stress, depression, sleep concerns, anxiety, flexibility & resilience or Peak Performance, are all significant changes that could occur in just a few months!
Because it is the Holidays we want to add 1 more incredible incentive to rent a Home personal NeurOptimal system at www.cognitive-connections.com . For this month we’re renting them for 25% off!!! Call with your code xmas25 and we will set you up with a NeurOptimal system!
Should you decide you would rather purchase a system instead, NO ONE can sell it cheaper than we can! Plus ask about our class and product discounts for each purchased system!
Happy Holidays to you all!!
Dr. Lise’ 317-258-7444