How many of us actually prepare others of our intentions in life? For that matter do we take the time to create our own intentions?
To function our best in this world, it is important for us to have the ability to mentally or cognitively ‘switch’ with ease…to be resilient and ‘go with the flow’. But as we all have experienced at one time or another this is not always an easy task!
Research shows that lack of sleep and chronic stress will also create a brain that is not able to make fast changes or quick decisions.
The National Sleep Foundation – reports that “about 20% of Americans report that they get less than 6 hours of sleep on average, and the number of Americans that report that they get 8 hours of sleep per night has decreased.”
* 40 Million people in the U.S. have a chronic sleep disorder
* $18 Billion dollars are estimated to cost U.S. employers in lost productivity due to sleep loss issues
* 5 % of people suffer from sleep apnea
* 62% of American adults experience a sleep problem at least a few nights per week
* 30 % of all adults have insomnia in the course of any year
Due to the number of people that have a difficult time being alert…being focused…paying attention…staying on task and comprehending what direction they are going much less what direction you are going…perhaps we all need to use our own turn signals in life. Preparing ourselves and others for what direction we want to go and how we want to get there. This may prove to be the safest most direct route to happiness and success!
Just a thought from Dr. Lise’