What is the Hypothalamus?
It is a tiny little gland about the size of a pearl, the hypothalamus is a switchboard for a multitude of important functions in the body.
It controls many of the autonomic functions of the “peripheral nervous system”. It connects with structures of the endocrine and nervous systems enabling the hypothalamus to play a vital role in maintaining homeostasis (the body’s ability to stay ‘even’ or ‘balanced’).
The hypothalamus regulates the hormones that tell us to sleep, if we are hungry, or even if we are cold or hot.
As a limbic system structure, the hypothalamus also influences various emotional responses (that gushy loving feeling…)
So if you are feeling old…look at brain function and ask yourself am I being good to my hypothalamus? How to reduce inflammation naturally:
1. Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and wild seafood.
2. Add essential fatty acids (EFA’s) to your diet.
3. Eliminate certain foods and additives from your diet.
trans fats, hydrogenated oils, sugars, refined carbohydrates, & gluten-containing foods
4. Drink lots of pure clean water
5. Sleep! Get 7-8 hours a night
6. LAUGH!!! Have FUN…be silly…act young and you will feel young, which will increase the hormones that keep you young looking 🙂
7. LOVE…hug, snuggle-up, kiss and create that yummy Oxycontin that helps you feel loved, calm, serene and at peace
Herbs that help reduce inflammation:
3. Indian frankincense
Try a Stress Reducer:
4. Laughter Yoga
5. Exercising, riding a bike, walking etc…
Just another Dr. Lise’ Thought… loads of energy to you all!